Well, clearly I am an addict according to the site below. I am not about to take this pledge. The picture lies. I cannot do it.
I can make the pledge for some of the questions, but not all. Here are the one’s I cannot pledge to do:
- Read a real newspaper. Why read real newspaper when I can get it on-line free.
- Stop multitasking eating. One handed breakfasts and lunches work well for me.
- Write off-line friends. I have been thinking for a month about writing my off-line friends. Might get to it in another month, but will make no promises.
- Telephone off-line friends. I can’t promise to phone people who aren’t internet connected. Remember I am partly deaf.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour. My only “Me Time” is when hubby goes to bed.
That leaves seven remaining promises I can make. So am I only a bit of an addict? Not according to the all or nothing folks.
STAYING STRONG TIP
If you are more addicted than not, the weekend is coming. Try cold turkey shut off for a whole day. It is called abstinence makes the need grow stronger, but also reminds you of what matters.
AS ALWAYS PRACTICE KINDNESS
Be kind to me, like this post or share it. You will be helping me stay strong and maybe some others as well. You will also be practicing one of the 12 Daily Emotional Fitness Exercises. Click here for my free E-book: The 12 Daily Emotional Fitness Training.
A FINAL WORD
The 12 Daily Exercises are for everyone, but if you are seeing a therapist share them. If regular practice of the 12 Daily does not improve the quality of your life, more might be needed. That is the time to think about therapy.
Stay strong, I work at it all the time.