Emotional fitness response to this Daily Prompt: Honorific October 16th is officially declared “Person X Day” pick someone to commemorate.
emotional fitness thoughts about heroes
These quotes are but a few by those who agree with me on that all who keep trying and work hardest at being kind are heroes and heroines.
Emotional fitness tips to STAY STRONG
You need to honor your personal heroism. You alone know what you put up with, what silent suffering you endure, how hard some days you work just to keep putting one foot in front of the other, how often you turn from cruelty and keep practicing kindess.
No one, no matter how loving, can know all you know in your heart about your heroism. Three quotes for thinking about what matters.
- “When you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong and you’ll finally see the truth- that hero lies in you.” Mariah Carey
- “I am not always good and noble. I am the hero of this story, but I have my off moments.” P.G. Wodehouse
- “If you are not the hero of your own story, then you’re missing the whole point of your humanity.” Steve Maraboli
Links and other articles of interest
- An Everyday Hero (cfp.ca)
- Who Is Your Everyday Hero? (ted.com/conversations)
- Within Yourself…..you must believe!!! (scrapperjudedesigns.net)
- Conscious Voyage: Reclaiming the Hero’s Journey (omtimes.com)