This ad drives me crazy. It represents one of the most prevalent uses of Sneaky Hypnotism on the media.
Experts need to create doubt about your ability to get by without their help. Otherwise no one would seek their services. Can you see how this one uses Sneaky Hypnotism to do that?
Here’s my take. Using a child asking super smart questions creates doubt in the father about his smarts. Will do the same in a viewer. Then, of course, the ad is designed to create worry about the future, specifically a family’s financial security. The very use of the word Expert is hypnotizing. Finally, the motto “Own your tomorrow” points you to the future, which can and often does pull a person into a mild trance state..
Tip one: Be aware. That is what Emotional Fitness Training’s Sneaky Hypnotist’s Posts are all about. That is also why I have made this month Sneaky Hypnotism Month.
Tip two: Learn all you can about hypnotism. Knowledge is power.
Tip two: Find an ethical hypnotist that can teach you self-hypnotism. One of the suggestions you can give yourself is to never go into a trance at someone else’s suggestion.
Tip Three: Watch the ads, as I do, for Sneaky Hypnotist tricks. Doing so improves your thinking skills and awareness if who or what thoughts are trying to control you mindlessly.
Parenting tip one: Children are smart, but often seem smarter than they really are. Understanding how a child thinks at different ages and stages remains a major parenting task. This is particularly true when it helping a child code reality – which strengthens him or her against Sneaky Hypnotists. Here is a quick summary about how children think as they grow.
- Infants do not think, they take in information.
- From ages 2 to 7, children think, but magical Fairy Tale Thinking. At these ages, a child believes toys are real, thoughts are real, the people on movie or tv screens are real, dreams are real. We encourage such thinking when we promote Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Tinker Bell, Ghosts and Goblins. These are already in a mild trance state. Encourage thinking about reality more than joining in the fantasy. Easy enough to do by calling play “play, make believe, “make believe,” and wishes “wishes.” The child won’t care or know the difference at first, but in time will understand the concept.
- About six or” a bit later: Personal Knowledge Thinking begins. The child stops believing in fairy tale thinking and starts believing in what the gurus call the concrete. That means what the child has personally experienced, particularly things s/he can touch play the biggest role. However, what the voices of the grownups in the child’s world teach and preach also plays a part.
- From the early teens on: Deep Thinking. As the teens approach, more and more youth become able to think about personal knowledge and compare it to other people’s knowledge. This is essentially what abstract thinking is about – comparing thoughts with differing thoughts. Teens, however, tend to lack the kinds of experience that lead to wise behaviors.
Parenting tip two: Praise learning, trying and not general smartness. Why? Some kids praised too much for being smart get hypnotized into thinking they know all they need to know. Not being sceptical about what you know makes you easier prey.
Parenting tip three: Teach your child to meditate and as you do embed a suggestion that the child is the one bringing about this type of trance state, not anyone else.
Parenting tip four: As you child moves toward adolescence, discuss Sneaky Hypnotism.
Parenting tip five: Use the media to get your child to spot Sneaky Hypnotism efforts of the ad people.
IMPROVE YOUR THINKING SKILLS
Apply this WordPress daily prompt – to today’s post. What was the last picture you took? Tell us the story behind it. (No story behind the photo? Make one up, or choose the last picture you took that had one.)
See my answer at the bottom of this post.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO
Keep working to stay strong, I work hard to do the same as life is often difficult, relationships painful, dreams lost. Staying strong and practicing the Daily Twelve Emotional Fitness Exercises keeps me better able to practice deliberate kindness.
LINKS OF INTEREST
- Teaching kindness to children (rootsofaction.com)
- How prejudice develops (psychology.about.com)
- Hypnosis basics (mayoclinic.org)
- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy (drweil.com)
- Hitler, the worlds greatest hypnotist (hypnosisblacksecrets.com)
Don’t think you can afford a life coach? Our poster coaches are free. Browse the EFTI Store for one. Like a live coach, all remind you to practice what matters, some offer inspiration or laughs, others tips, exercises and tools to improve your emotional intelligence.
To use as a coach, download the poster you pick, print it up , preferably in color and on card stock, and post where you will see it regularly. When you see it, take a calming breathe, focus for a few moments on the poster, take another calming breath and then go about your day.
MY ANSWER TO IMPROVE YOUR THINKING SKILLS – The last picture and this post? Pictures are part of how we think, how we day-dream, how we get into a trance. Many of the pictures controlling our mind are sent by those selling something. Good and bad, pictures are a form of Sneaky Hypnotism sending a message that your brain often absorbs without conscious awareness. Being aware of all the tricks used by Sneaky Hypnotists reduces their power.
Stay strong, it takes work but EFT makes it easier