TOPIC 23: WANT JUST THE RIGHT GIFT FOR YOUR AGING PARENTS OR YOUR CHILDREN? Read on
For those of you who haven’t time to click and read the article here’s the skinny:
- Arrange for elderly parents to get the Shingles vaccine. Expensive and not covered by many insurance companies. Cranks my cranky soul.
- Parents past a certain age are advised to gift their children by tending to Advanced Directives.
I would add to number two:
- Make sure someone knows everyone needing to know you are no longer here on earth. Examples: Your dentist, your various alumni or professional groups, Social Security, and of course, your Twitter account, your Facebook page and your blogs
- Let your family know what kind of service you want. Remember the service is not for you, but for your family. I’ve written what I want said. I don’t want something said about me that will make me not recognize myself–so I have cranked out my eulogy.
- Make sure you have a written will.
- Make all the necessary arrangements (including payment, particularly if life insurance is fading away to nothing) for your cremation or burial.
STAYING STRONG TIP: See the above. Cranky Old Lady’s stress level dropped 95% once I did all the above. Might mean I live a few more years.
PRACTICE KINDNESS: Share, like, and care. Help me, yourself, and others get and stay strong. Click here for all 12 Daily Emotional Fitness Training Exercises.