Did you know the Emotional Intelligence gurus preach forgiveness? Moreover, forgiveness is one of the 12 Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises. Easy? I hear you saying “Ha tell me another.” Read the poster and more.
emotional fitness tHOUGHTS AND TIPS
For Jews the days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are devoted to forgiveness. Useful, as all come together and as a community to seek and offer forgiveness. My last post was about forgiving others, but forgiveness is also about asking to be forgiven as well as forgiving yourself. The poster gives you a quick overview of working to forgive yourself. The following tips give you a bit more.
Tip one: All EFT exercises are things we normally do, but without full awareness. Doing the exercises with full awareness turns an everyday happening into an exercise that strengthens you emotionally. Full awareness is built by starting each exercise with a One Minute Meditation:
- Breathe in slowly to a count of five.
- Hold your breath for a count of five.
- Breathe out slowly to another count of five.
- Breathe normally and simply observe how it feels to breathe in and out.
- If thoughts make their presence known, just observe them and continue breathing.
- At the end of a minute, sooner if you want, take a deep breathe in, hold it for a count of five.
- As you breathe out, say a silent “Ahhhhhh” or “Thank you” and smile softly.
Practice the OMM until you can do it comfortably and without having to read the exercise. That takes as little as five times for some, twenty-five for others.
Here’s an added bonus for your work. The OMM can be used to calm you when stress mounts. After the first breath, add a two or three word calming mantra as you breathe in and out. ”Life goes on” works for some, “Staying strong” for others, still others craft their on.
Tip two: Do expect to spend a bit of time learning the exercises. That is the hard part. Once properly learned, however, each can be practiced in minutes throughout the day.
Tip three: Watch for the Grand Opening of Emotional Fitness Training’s EFTI Store on October First. Save the date and visit for a free EFTI E-Poster Coach. Each E-Poster reminds you to practice one or another Emotional Fitness Exercises.
Tip four: As always practice kindness as that is the best way to make a positive difference
Remember to find time to laugh and play, to be with family and friends, to find what is good, to be thankful for all you have been given, and to think about what matters.
- Christian Thoughts About Forgiveness (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness Quotes (psychologytoday.com)
- The seven letter “F” word (emotionalfitnesstraining.com)