Here’s a catch, sometimes our greatest strength can also be a weakness and a weakness often leads lead to strength.
Self awareness is a major Emotional Intelligence skill and one that can be improved. To earn more about your strengths and weaknesses. Read on.
Emotional Fitness Tips
Tip one: Use this check list to start thinking more about your strengths and your weaknesses.
Here’s how to make the best use of this poster.
- Before you read it give it to a friend or loved one to read and ask them to draw a line under their assessment of your strengths.
- Review their assessment and circle the ones you agree with.
- The items you do not circle are possible weaknesses.
- Cross off the ones that do not interfere with reaching your SMART Goal.
- Review your strengths and
- Make a list of the ones that interfere with your SMART Goal.
- Cross off any that you do not control or have little chance of changing.
- Examine the remaining weaknesses.
- Cross off the ones you have no major control over.
- Rate each weakness on a scale that begins with 1 not that important to moving ahead on my SMART Goal to 10 must do to make any progress. Then develop an action plan for the top three must do item. You can develop a SMART goal for each of these.
Tip two: Think this is too much effort? A sure sign you need to think more about your priorities and goals. Setting a SMART goal takes time and effort. If you don’t want to bother, you have good company. Most people prefer to take a chance on getting to the good life. And you know what many get there without using SMART Goals.
Thank you for all you do. Thank me by remembering sharing is caring; so is liking, or commenting. Your caring keeps me going.
Today’s critical thinking exercise using this WordPress DAILY PROMPT : Stroke of Midnight – Where were you last night at midnight? Would you have wanted to be somewhere else?
Little relevance to my post, I was in bed. But I did spend a bit of time working on moving EFTI ahead and thinking about today’s blog post.
LINKS OF INTEREST
These links are for those not familiar with Emotional Intelligence or the idea of Emotional Fitness.
Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises (www.emotionalfitnesstraining.com
The five components of Emotional Intelligence (www.sonoma.edu)Emotional Intelligence (en.wikipedia.org)Emotional Fitness Tips for Parents (parentsarepeopletoo.com)
An Emotional Fitness Program for Parents(amazon.com)