The weekend cometh, time to Think About What Matters, an Emotional Fitness Training Exercise. This weekend think about your mission and The Mission.
The Mission refers to both what the sages have preached across the centuries and what the researchers know leads people to the good life.
As Aldous Huxley put it, “It’s a little embarrassing that after 45 years of research & study, the best advice I can give people is to be a little kinder to each other.”
Emotional Fitness Tip
Experiment. This weekend add five acts of kindness to your to do list. These need not be elaborate acts. Moreover, small acts often matter most to people. Here are some suggestions.
- Smile and say “Good morning” to everyone you pass on the street.
- Hand out compliments to total strangers.
- Always thank any one who does something for you.
- Say please if you are asking someone to do something.
- Pack an extra sandwich in your lunch, or buy an extra cup of coffee, and give it to a homeless person.
- Give up your seat to someone in greater need on a bus or train.
- Send postcards to the children in your family.
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a few months.
- If someone is struggling, for example a parent trying to get a child’s stroller up some stairs, help. If someone has an arm load of packages and drops one, pick it up for them. If a child is having a temper tantrum, sympathize with how hard it is to be a parent.
- Offer to pick up groceries for someone who is housebound.
Now here’s the big trick, attitude matters. Do any of the above, grudgingly and you will not get good from being kind. You want to genuinely connect. Not easy but possible. Try each of the suggestions to find those that work for you.
STAYING EMOTIONALLY FIT
Another Emotional Fitness Training Exercise is called Indulge. This one calls for being kind to yourself by indulging in a healthy pleasure. Food tops the list for many, a power nap works for me, and yes, chocolate. I suggest at least one indulgence daily, but actually the more healthy indulgences the better. Keeps us strong for getting to our goals and furthering our mission.
For more about finding your mission, you know I want you to buy my newest eBook. Know your Mission So You Can Reach Your Goals, has been published on Amazon as an eBook. This is possibly the most important book I have written. I hope you buy it; it is life-changing. moreover, as I keep noting, it costs less than some of your favorite things – a Big Mac, for example and will nourish your soul, not just your body.
I don’t often make promises, but I do promise if you buy this one, read, and follow the path I’ve laid down, you will live the good life – you will not always be happy, but you know contentment and peace with who you are.
As always share and care. Even taking a moment to like a post makes a difference. I appreciate all you efforts to help me and others stay strong by supporting Emotional Fitness. Thank you.