Yesterday, March 21st was my 76th Birthday and Book Launch Party. A thank you gift for those who came and those who could not make.
Yesterday was both exhilarating and exhausting. Exhilarating for all the kind words and wishes. Exhausting as sitting at my computer for ten hours was a bit long even for this addict. Really needed my me-time. The blizzard which is still blowing kept both David and I home. We read, did puzzles, napped, played indoor soccer with the Punk, ate, in between watched the snow accumulate.
Many lessons learned and much need to practice all of my Twelve Easy Emotional Fitness Exercises. I am still processing it all and here are my first thoughts
EMOTIONAL FITNESS Thoughts AND HOPES
Thought one: Hope you take advantage of the free offer on Amazon as the book delves deeper into the exercises than I can do here.
Thought two: A number of people have never bought an eBook to down loaded from Amazon or any other site. Many think that they have to own a Kindle to do so. Not true. You can down load directly to your computer. That is how I do it. Here are the steps:
- Create an Amazon account if you do not have one already. Bothersome, but worth the effort for my book is not the only free book out there.
- Once you have created your account, sign in and put the name of the book or the author Amazon’s search engine. Twelve Easy Exercises to Tame Mad, Bad, and Sad Feelings. Using my name takes you to my author’s page and that complicates things.
- If you do not have a Kindle do not buy it yet. Right below the buy button is a free application button that you can download to your computer, click it to install it on your computer. The directions are easy to follow.
- Once you have installed the application follow the directions to return to your account. My book should still be there to buy. If not just re-enter the book into the search engine. If you make there in time the price will be listed as zero.
Thought three: Writing a review sounds scary. It isn’t. Here are the steps:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- The page should show the books you have ordered. Under the author’s name is a request to write a review.
- Click on it and the review page will come up. Rate the book, then write the review.
- The review needs to mention the book’s title. Short reviews are best, Why you liked the book and why you would recommend it to others. If something would improve the book, mention that.
- You can review what you have written and change or correct it if needed.
- Push the post button and pat yourself on the back and feel my thank you hug.
Thought four: If you try this and it doesn’t work the way I describe, please let me know what didn’t work.
Thought five: If you are overwhelmed with media posts, reduce the load from me by signing up for my Newsletter. See the side bar. The Newsletter will include the news, Emotional Fitness Tips, some laughs, and the best post of the past two weeks.
Thank you for all you do to care and share, that is practicing kindness and one of the most important ways to help others. It is also a path to emotional fitness for you as well.